Instructions for Contributors
- The submitted manuscript is an original work and has never been published or is in the process of publication in other journals;
- It can be conceptual studies, an excerpt of research, or legal thoughts of scholars in the field of Islamic law as well as the analysis of court decisions (case law);
- It is written in Arabic / English in accordance with the standard of scientific papers;
- The length of the manuscript is between 6000 to 10000 words; A4 size paper with double spacing, using Bookman Old Style font and font size 12;
- The manuscript is submitted through the website of Mazahib Journal of Islamic Legal Thought by first logging into the system; or by sending it as an e-mail attachment in the Microsoft word format which is addressed to the editorial board at email@example.com.
- The submitted manuscript must include title, author name, abstract in English, and keywords;
- The abstract is written briefly, concisely, and clearly, between 150-200 words that reflect: the problem (Issue), theory or supposed condition (Rule), argument or analysis (Argument), and Conclusion;
- Keywords can be words or phrases, a maximum of 5;
- The contents consist of the following headings: introduction, discussion (heading and sub-headings be adjusted to the need of each manuscript), and conclusions.
Footnotes and References:
- Citation use footnotes (Chicago manual of style);
- Repeated citation use only the author's last name, short title books/articles, and pages. Example: Hazarin, Tujuh Serangkai, p. 75; Alfitri, "Religious Liberty," p. 19;
- For subsequent citation use Ibid. if the page is the same, or Ibid. h. 10, if the page is different;
- The references should be included at the end of the article and arranged alphabetically in which the author's last name is placed in the front. Example: Syaifuddin, Muhammad, Contract Law, Bandung: Mandar CV Maju 2012.
We recommend you to use referencing manager applications such as Zotero, Mendeley, and so forth. The template of the article can be downloaded here.
Arabic romanization should be written as follows:
Letters: ’, b, t, th, j, ḥ, kh, d, dz, r, z, s, sh, sy, ṣ, ḍ, ṭ, ẓ, ‘, gh, f, q, l, m, n, h, w, y. Short vowels: a, i, u. long vowels: ā, ī, ū. Diphthongs: aw, ay. Tā marbūṭā: t. Article: al-. For detailed information on Arabic Romanization, please refer to the transliteration system of Mazahib Journal Guidelines. Arabic transliteration guideline is available for download here.